how durable is deck over

Best Paints to Use on Decks and Exterior Wood Features

9 May 2016 . As far as application, we found that it's best to paint DeckOver first thing in the morning before the sun gets to strong. The paint is already really thick and if the sun is out, you don't get a lot of workable time to really get it on smooth because it will dry so quick. It needs to be applied with an extender roller.

Behr Premium DeckOver?: Although it should Last Years, it Bubbles .

7 Apr 2015 . Staining your deck is a tough task. As anyone who's done it knows (this author included), staining is time-consuming, expensive and difficult. You have to wash and clean your deck, make sure the weather will hold for days, and then carefully stain your deck using a combination of rollers and brushes (don't.

DeckOver | Truth In Advertising

5 Sep 2017 . In July and August 2017, four class-action lawsuits were filed against Behr Paint Corp. for allegedly deceptively marketing DeckOver (a patio and deck resurfacer) as a more durable coating that is five times thicker than ordinary paints and stains, and repairs decks by filling in cracks and splintering when,.

Painting or Staining a Wooden Deck | Fix.com

6 Aug 2015 . Of all the structures in the world, the traditional wooden deck may well be my favorite. I love the feel of solid-wood deck boards under my feet. I love the look of the planks spaced evenly apart and dotted with nails or screws in row after row after row. I even love the way a real wooden deck weathers over time.

Behr DeckOver Doesn't Provide Long-Lasting Finish, Class Action .

16 Jan 2018 . A class action lawsuit alleges that Behr Process Corporation and Behr Paint Corporation's DeckOver resurfacing product isn't the durable, long-lasting product it's advertised to be, but is defective and wears out quickly. Behr sells its DeckOver restorative patio and deck product exclusively through Home.

Behr DeckOver Lawsuit - Girard Gibbs

On June 12, 2017, consumer protection attorneys at Girard Gibbs filed a class action lawsuit against Behr and Seventrust. The complaint alleges that Behr and Seventrust advertise DeckOver as a durable deck surfacer capable of providing long-lasting protection for wood and concrete surfaces, when in reality it is prone.

BEHR Premium DeckOver 1 gal. #SC-102 Slate Wood and Concrete .

BEHR Premium DeckOver is an innovative new solid color coating that will bring your old, weathered wood or concrete back to life. The advanced 100% acrylic resin, fused with ceramic microspheres, creates a durable coating on your tired deck, rejuvenating its look. Spatter resistant formula makes application quick and.

Behr Deckover Review | Best Deck Stain Reviews Ratings

This would be tough to fix and may not be worth it to recoat with the same product. You would have to scrape and sand all loose stain before reapplication. If you wanted to change brands, you would need to sand the entire deck to remove as the Behr Deckover will not strip off with a conventional deck stripper remover.

Behr Deckover Product Review - The Painted Chandelier

16 Jun 2014 . To read my Behr Deckover Update 1 year later and see our porch's appearance & the product's durability, click here. Hi, Friends! Today, I want to share with you our experience with a Behr exterior deck paint product we used. Back in April, we knew the time had come to do something to our almost 12 year.

Behr DeckOver Product Review - Marty's Musings

27 Jul 2015 . Tim: One of the biggest concerns when undertaking a deck project and protecting a hefty investment is the durability of any product that is designed and used to protect it. I want to offer first hand experience on Behr's DeckOver product that has been on our rear deck for exactly a year, specifically how it has.

Repairing Peeling Behr DeckOver - Professional Deck Builder

26 Jun 2017 . A Wapo reader painted their wood deck with Behr's DeckOver in the spring of 2016. A year later, the coating started to peel off in a few places, exposing bare wood. What's the remedy?

Should I Paint or Stain My Deck? | Angie's List

24 Apr 2013 . Dear Angie: Our deck has been previously stained, but it has worn off. The deck is not covered, so I want something durable. Would I be better off staining it again or painting it? – M.S., Sour Lake, Texas. Dear M.S.: Unfortunately, for exposed decks, they need to be re-stained every few years. Even the best.

Restore Your Wooden Deck - Olympic? RESCUE IT!? MAX

This 100% acrylic, high-performance coating fills cracks up to ?", locks down splinters and provides a safe, extremely durable surface that resists fading and creates a mildew and algae resistant coating. Don't replace it. RESCUE IT! Water Proofing Protection: Fade Protection: Durability: Colors: Over 140 Olympic Colors.

Timber and composite decking: what's the difference? | Arbordeck

backs this up by providing a limited 25-year guarantee to residential customers and a limited 10-year guarantee to commercial customers. The durability of timber decking varies depending on the type of wood selected, the conditions it is exposed to and how well it is maintained, but most softwood decking features.

Behr Deck Over Paint - Review after 1 Year - YouTube

3 Jun 2017 . This video is about 11 months after cleaning with the "BEHR Premium All-In-One Wood Cleaner" and after applying the "BEHR Premium DeckOver Flat Top Wood and .

BEHR DeckOver Lawsuit | Morgan & Morgan

What Are The Reported Problems with BEHR DeckOver? Although BEHR advertises their DeckOver as a durable deck coating product that “resists cracking and peeling,” some consumers allege that the coating began to degrade soon after the product was applied. Some issues with BEHR DeckOver that consumers have.

Behr "Deck Over"- First use and Review | This Old House

19 Oct 2016 . I did another deck with this stuff yesterday with it in cheap-rental-marginal condition, and once again the results looked amazing. It's a textured finish meant for floors but it works great on rails and pickets too. The texture looks like fine sand but isn't really abrasive to the touch. I don't know how durable it is.

Wood vs. Composite Decks - --- - Great Day Improvements

Additionally, hollow boards are not as sturdy and can hold water internally, which in turn can lead to warping and decomposition. While solid boards . resistant features. In many cases, a composite deck will cost more than a wood deck at the outset but possibly less than a wood deck over time, thanks to minimal upkeep.

BEHR Premium DECKOVER? Product Information Video - YouTube

22 Apr 2014 . BEHR PREMIUM DECKOVER? is an innovative new solid color coating that will bring your old, weathered wood or concrete back to life. The advanced 100% acrylic resin fused with ceramic microspheres creates a durable coating on your tired deck, rejuvenating its look.